Sunday, April 8, 2012

I remember clearly the first time I met the ocean. It wasn't so long ago, a little less than 3 years ago. It was early at night, yet it was so dark. I was scared. As I walk through the sand I heard the waves crashing, and my feet stepping in small, slightly sharp things that weren't sand grains. I got scared and started to run, though everyone tried to calm me down. As I ran I could still feel them and I panicked even more. I somehow always imagined beaches to be incredibly clean, clear and fresh. At last, I didn't get used to stepping in the little dry dead plants and branches that were all over the sand, but I had to try and ignore them. I couldn't see the waves, that scared me too. I could only hear them crashing, in a violent and strong sound. I always thought their sound would be calming and slow, it wasn't.
I stood there for a few minutes, trying to understand why I was so scared. It was the unknown, the darkness. The feeling of experiencing something new without being able to fully
perceive it. Suddenly I felt a sort of cleansing feeling all over my body. I can't remember how it was, I just know it was there. I imagine wind, but I know there wasn't any. I remember the moon, that I'm not quite sure I'm lying to myself or if it was actually there.
I want to go back to that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment